For the latest updates always check with immigration’s website at http://www.immigration.go.ke/
E – PASSPORT APPLICATION NOW IN EFFECT
This is to inform the general public that all Kenyan passport applications must now be made via www.ecitizen.go.ke. Manual applications will not be accepted.
Source: www.immigration.go.ke and Huduma KENYA
NOTE: The Applicant must be present during submission of the passport as well as collection of the passport. Agents can no longer submit/ collect passports on behalf of the applicant.
A Kenyan who intends to acquire or to travel outside Kenya shall submit an application for a passport to the Passport Control Officer in the manner prescribed below.
An application shall be accompanied by:-
- Documentary evidence of Kenyan citizenship i.e. original & copies of Birth Certificate and National Identity Card, or a Certificate of Naturalization or Registration and Renunciation Certificate of former citizenship.
- Current clear and un-mounted three passport size photographs as may be directed by the Passport Control Officer.
- The Application must be recommended in section ‘7’ by a citizen of Kenya such as Minister of religion, a Minister or Legal Practitioner, an established Civil Servant or Bank Official personally acquainted with the applicant, but not by immediate relatives. The recommender must attach a copy of his/her National ID or passport.
- In the case of an applicant who is below the age of eighteen years, the parents or legal guardian’s written consent.
- In case of an applicant who is adopted, the original adoption certificate, clearance letter from the children’s department, and or, the Court ruling or award.
- In case of married woman, documentary evidence of marriage e.g. Sworn Affidavit, marriage certificate.
- Prescribed fee.
CONTACT US for more details of the requirements needed to apply for a Kenyan Passport.
- Immediately upon collection of a new Passport, it is important that one reads through the notes, appends his/her signature and notes the Immigration reference number(R. No)
- Applicants under 18 years of age must have one of the Parents’/Guardians’ consent letter and a copy of the National Identity Card
- Applicant’s copy of National Identity Card is MANDATORY for every application
Disqualification of Application for Passports
A Passport Control Officer shall disqualify the application of any person:-
- Who is not a citizen of Kenya
- Who gives false information for the purpose of obtaining a passport
- Submits incomplete forms
- In respect of whom there is evidence of involvement in passport fraud, passport forgery or international crime(s).