Entry Permits

For the latest updates always check with immigration’s website at http://www.immigration.go.ke/ 

Foreign Nationals Services ( eFNS)
This is to inform the General Public that as from 1st March 2016, all Foreign Nationals Services i.e Permits & Passes, Aliens Card, Permanent Residence & Kenya Citizenship Applications must now be filled and submitted online via https://fns.immigration.go.ke/

We are in a position to fill and submit online applications on behalf of our clients using our Agency Immigration Account. If you would like to use our services kindly CONTACT US.


  • Applications for Entry Permits made by East Africans (Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda and Burundi) are free of charge. There is no processing fee, application fee or security bond requirement.
  • Applicants must first obtain clearance from the relevant regulatory body (if applicable) BEFORE submitting their applications at immigration
  • Please ensure that your postal address and physical address are entered correctly
  • All documents submitted must be in English/ or translated to English by relevant embassies, notary public or authorized organizations.
  • For all government contracts the following should be presented in addition to other requirements;
    • Valid signed contract
    • Letter from the relevant Ministry or Government Department attaching list of applicants indicating their full names, nationality, passport number and profession
  • The permit process is COMPLETE once the permit has been endorsed into the applicant’s passport.
  • All applicants must register for a Foreign National Certificate (Alien ID) once they receive their Entry Permit. The applicant’s passport will NOT be endorsed with the entry permit until the applicant has registered for an Alien ID. The Alien ID Waiting Card (received upon Alien registration) will be required when endorsing the passport with the entry permit. For details on the Alien ID application, click HERE
  • Holders of Entry Permits no longer require re-entry passes


Class G
Issued to investors in trade or business (other than a prescribed profession).

Class D
Issued to a person who is offered specific employment by a specific employer who is qualified to undertake that employment.

Class I
Issued to a member of a missionary society (church) approved by the Government of Kenya and whose presence is beneficial to the country. Kindly note that those now applying under a registered society must apply for the Class D permit.

Class K
This Permit is issued to a person who has an assured income derived from sources outside and undertakes NOT to accept paid employment of any kind. One must be at least 35 years of age to apply for this permit.


  • Class A – Issued to persons who intend to engage in prospecting for minerals or mining
  • Class B – Issued to persons wishing to invest in Agriculture and Animal Husbandry
  • Class C – Issued to persons wishing to practice certain prescribed professions, e.g. Journalism, Doctor, etc (for this you must have proof of membership to the prescribed profession here in Kenya including the necessary licenses)
  • Class F – Issued to investors in the manufacturing sector
  • Class M – Issued to conventional Refugees

CONTACT US for more details of the requirements needed to apply for one of the above Entry Permits.

15 thoughts on “Entry Permits

  1. Kuchy says:

    I would like to open up a branch for my church in Kenya from Zimbabwe.Would like to get a permit as l would be a pastor there.Where can l start and how does it go?

    • fathershandltd says:

      Dear Sir/Madam,

      Thank you for contacting us. The type of permit that you will be required to obtain is a class I permit. If you would like to employ our services to assist you with the procedure, kindly send an email to info@fathershandltd.com for our assistance. If you would prefer to pursue the application independently, kindly refer to fns.immigration.ge.ke, immigration.go.ke, or the officials at Nyayo House for further assistance.

  2. Kate says:

    Hi, I am a holder of a Class D Work Permit. It will most probably reduce to part time. Therefore is it permitted to undertake consultancy work for other organisations than the specific employer indicated on the permit (provided the specific employer agrees)?

  3. gordon bloodworth says:

    I am a 28 year veteran Missionary in Kenya and wish to retire here. I see a charge of 500,000 for the class k permit. Is that per year or a one time fee?

    • fathershandltd says:

      Dear Sir,

      Thank you for contacting us. You have indicated the incorrect information. The application fee for a Class K permit is ksh100,000 per year. You can obtain a Class K permit up to three years per application. If you would like our assistance in obtaining the permit, we would be happy to assist you. Kindly send an email to info@fathershandltd.com for our assistance. If you would prefer to pursue the application independently, kindly refer to fns.immigration.ge.ke for further assistance.

  4. Claus says:

    Ah okay, I found it now – thank you very much!

    I have 2 more questions, that I hope you can answer;

    Under “What are the requirements” it says:

    Two copies of detailed and signed cover letter from self, addressed to the Director of Immigration Services – what should that letter include?

    Documents in foreign languages should be translated into English by either the Embassy, Public Notary, or authorized /recognized institution – what embassy do they mean should translate?

    Thank you very much!

    • fathershandltd says:

      Dear Claus,

      If you would like to employ our services, we would be happy to provide you with consultancy on how to construct the letter. Otherwise, the officers at Nyayo House can give you further advise.

      The note is referring to your country’s embassy in Kenya.

  5. Murthi HK says:

    It is for renewal of k permit holder for the 4th time. the applicant is below 35 years of age, and before the clause of 35 was not there. How they can discriminate an applicant on age. He is above voters age and now 32 years , having enough money in US$ on UN pension fund.

    • fathershandltd says:

      Dear Murthi,

      I understand that the situation may be frustrating to you. The Kenyan government has enforced this rule into the immigration system and it cannot be avoided. If you would like assistance considering another type of permit, kindly send us an email.

    • fathershandltd says:

      Dear Murthi,

      Thank you for contacting us. The Class K visa is aimed towards individuals seeking retirement in Kenya. Usually, the retirement age group is above 35 years. Let us know if you have any further queries.

Leave a Reply to fathershandltd Cancel reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.